Camping & Lodging FAQ
Electric Forest Camping Guidelines and Rules apply to all camping areas.
Camping Guidelines and Rules
- Electric Forest GA Campgrounds will open at 12 am on Thursday June 23.
- Those who would like to arrive to the GA Campgrounds on Wednesday between 12 noon ET and 11:59 pm ET may purchase a Wednesday Arrival Parking Pass.
- All vehicles/campers must leave the site by 12:00 PM on Monday June 27.
- The campground entrance will be open 24 hours a day and you can leave and re-enter as necessary.
- Every person entering the campgrounds must have an Electric Forest Wristband.
- All vehicles are subject to search upon entry and re-entry to the campgrounds. Please see the Festival Guidelines for a list of prohibited items.
- You will be provided an area to camp next to your car that measures approximately 12’x30’. Please be respectful and use only the space you need.
- Primitive camping amenities will be available: potable water and portable toilets will be provided in the campgrounds. There is no electricity in the campgrounds.
- There is a General Store onsite that will have small necessities available for purchase.
- Ice will be on sale throughout the campgrounds.
- There is an accessible campground, located close to the venue entrance, for guests with mobility disabilities. For more information go to the Access Information page.
- Dogs are not allowed anywhere on the festival site, including the campgrounds. Please arrange to house your dog in a nearby kennel if you cannot leave it at home. If you have a dog with you, you will be turned away at the gate.
- Gas generators are not allowed in the campgrounds. Solar-powered generators are allowed.
- Open campfires are not allowed at Electric Forest.
- No fireworks, prayer lanterns, or fire performances are allowed in the campgrounds or on the festival grounds.
- You may bring a small, portable gas grill/stove.
- Emergency Medical Services will be available onsite. There will be medical tents and information booths throughout the campgrounds.
- The weather in Rothbury, MI is very temperate in late June. The average temperature hovers around 75 degrees Fahrenheit; highs can be in the upper 80’s and lows in the Mid 60’s. Historically, there is very little rainfall but please come prepared for anything. One year, it rained unicorns, and a guy named Carl got lost.
Unless you have purchased an early arrival add on or a Good Life Village package, we ask that you do not arrive before Thursday, June 23 at 10:00am, You’ll need to vacate your campsite by Monday, June 27 at noon.
Those who would like to arrive to the GA Campgrounds on Wednesday, June 22 between 12 noon ET and 11:59 pm ET may purchase a Wednesday Arrival Parking Pass.
Yes, but during the process of everybody moving in on Thursday, June 23, we ask you to stay at your campsite. Each time you re-enter your vehicle will be subject to search. There will be a General Store on site for any last minute items you may need.
There will be 24-hour security, medical services, port-a-lets, showers (for a small fee), and a General Store. There will be water and ice for sale, as well as ATMs and a variety of vendors within the campgrounds. There will also be free water throughout the campground.
There will be 24hr medical support available throughout the campgrounds and festival site. Please locate medical stations on the map when you arrive. You can stop any mounted officer or staff member you see for assistance.
To the Information Booth near the Main Festival Entrance. Please check the map when you arrive for exact location of the Information Booth.
Many things. Please check the Festival Guidelines for a list!
You are NOT allowed to sell food or drink on the property. Electric Forest is on private property, and there is an anti-vending law in effect.
Be kind to your neighbors. If you have to plug it in (e.g. an amp), leave it at home.
No, There will be no open, ground based fires allowed on the premises.
Only solar powered generators are allowed.
No. Want power? Consider the various lodging options in THE GOOD LIFE.
Yes. Please visit our Electric Forest Access Information page for more info.
Yes, however it varies by service provider.
Because space is limited, there will be no pavilion tents allowed. If you require extra space, then consider one of the spacious camping spaces in Electric Forest’s GOOD LIFE VILLAGE or GOOD LIFE BACK 40 areas.
No pets are allowed. Please leave your pets at home. Pets will be picked up and placed with the local humane society. Please use the local kennels if you are traveling with your pet. If a pet is found inside the car you will be turned away.
There will be an Accessible Campground. Please visit our Access Information page for details about our Access Program for guests with disabilities.
Upon arrival you will be directed into the campsite to park. You will set up camp next to your car. Once parked we ask that you leave your car at your campsite. Unless you have secured Group Camping, you will not be guaranteed a spot next to your friends in GA Camping. Please plan on parking where indicated, then meeting your friends at the Information Booth or other central point on the map.
If your car arrives with fewer than 3 passengers, you will need to have a parking pass. Please click here for more information.
Yes! Camp Traction is here to support those who choose to experience The Forest clean and sober!
Learn more at http://www.electricforestfestival.com/experience/camptraction/
Car Camping spots are approximately 12′x30′
Yes, if you reserve one. See tent rental details on the ticketing page.
Yes, please check the festival map when it is released. Lockers and kiosks with unlimited cell phone charging will also be available for purchase. Click here for more information on renting a locker.
No, but your friends in The Maplewoods can visit you!
Yes, if you reserve a group camping spot. Group Camping information will be posted to the ticketing page when available.
Friends who are camped elsewhere are welcome to visit the Enchanted Campground, as long as you escort them!
Tent Only Camping is for those who arrive without a vehicle – by bike, bus, or public transit. Space in Tent Only Camping is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please arrive with the flow of GA traffic. Parking staff will direct you to the Maplewoods parking lot.
Please arrive with the flow of GA traffic. Follow signs and instructions once you reach the toll booth. All those with a valid group camping parking pass will be directed to group camping. If you do not have a valid Group Camping Parking Pass, you must park in the GA Campgrounds
The Good Life FAQ
If your question cannot be answered below, contact The Good Life Concierge Service at email@example.com or 888-805-8930!
YES. The Good Life is Electric Forest’s VIP Program. Check out all of The Good Life Packages for a variety of VIP and onsite lodging experiences.
All Good Life packages include: onsite camping or select accommodations, specified quantity of Good Life Weekend Ticket(s) and amenities – including access to fantastic Good Life Viewing Areas at Electric Forest’s two largest stages, exclusive air-conditioned bathrooms, showers in the campgrounds, exclusive air-conditioned bathroom facilities in the main stage venue, and so much more. Plus, each specific Good Life Neighborhood offers its own additional amenities. Visit The Good Life web section for full details.
In some Good Life areas, if your car arrives with fewer than 3 passengers, you will need to have a parking pass. Please click here for more information.
Each Good Life neighborhood offers a distinctly different living experience for a variety of budgets. But no matter which Good Life experience you choose, you are indeed living The Good Life. Visit The Good Life web section for full details.
It depends on which Good Life neighborhood you are staying in. THE BACK 40 and THE FRONTIER Packages include a delicious catered brunch each morning. Visit The Good Life web section for full details.
THE VILLAGE and THE BACK 40 both offer RV options. In THE VILLAGE, opt-in for an RV Pass at checkout. For THE BACK 40, choose the RV/Camping Spot Package. Visit The Good Life web section for full details.
Each Good Life area offers exclusive bathrooms and showers in the campgrounds, and exclusive air-conditioned bathrooms in the Festival venue.
If you and your friends all have purchased Good Life Packages in the same Good Life area, you can park together. To guarantee that you park/camp next to your friends, please arrive together.
There is a 24-hour shuttle service around the festival site for BACK 40 and FRONTIER GOOD LIFE Pass holders – now with increased service. The shuttle will run at regular intervals. The specific shuttle schedule will be available upon arrival at Electric Forest. The Good Life Village offers access to the Overnight Good Life Village Express Shuttle, which takes you from the Village to General Admission camping and back.
THE FRONTIER Packages offer free wireless Internet access.
All Good Life patrons have exclusive Good Life entrances into the Festival grounds.
Everything you need will be at your fingertips. But should the occasion arise that you need to leave, you can exit the property and return anytime throughout the Festival.
The entire property needs to be vacated by 12 NOON on Monday, June 27, 2016
Yes, there is daily housekeeping including towels and a freshly made bed!
All Good Life packages are non-refundable.
Yes, if you arrive together.
Please reference the arrival instructions sent to the purchasing email address for Good Life Wristbands & Packages. For questions about the Good Life, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RVs will only be allowed in specified RV Camping areas.
- RV Passes must be purchased in advance.
- An RV is defined as any vehicle larger either in length, width or height than a normal fifteen (15)-passenger van. All oversized vehicles, trailers, campers that are towed, and busses are considered RVs. This also includes any form of a pop-up camper/trailer.
- Every vehicle entering The Good Life BACK 40 RV Park and The Good Life Village RV Area must have an RV Pass, except for (1) companion vehicle arriving with the RV. RVs entering THE VILLAGE must have purchased THE VILLAGE RV Pass.
- Every person in your party must have a wristband. For Electric Forest GA RV Pass holders, each person in the RV must have a Weekend Wristband. For The Good Life VIP RV Pass holders, each person must have purchased a corresponding Good Life Package (i.e. THE VILLAGE or THE BACK 40 RV/Camping Package).
- General Admission RV Pass holders can arrive beginning at 10 AM on Thursday, June 23 and must depart by 12:00 PM on Monday, June 27.
- GOOD LIFE VILLAGE RV Pass holders can arrive beginning at 4 PM on Wednesday, June 22 and must depart by 12:00 PM on Monday, June 27.
- Electric Forest Staff will check RVs and vehicles entering all RV Camping areas for any items not permitted on site, as specified in the Camping Guidelines. Security Staff will confiscate any such items and may refuse entry to the site.
- You cannot purchase an RV space to park multiple cars and/or build a large tent camp. Please only purchase an RV pass for an RV.
An RV is defined as any vehicle larger either in length, width or height than a normal fifteen (15)-passenger van. All oversized vehicles, trailers, campers that are towed and busses are considered RVs.
One companion vehicle arriving with the RV will be allowed. Companion vehicles will not be allowed into the RV Park unless they are accompanying an RV upon entering.
Yes, provided that all RVs in your party arrive together.
There will be hookups or dumping stations available to Good Life only, based on the package purchased.
Pumping and water refills are available in GA camping for a fee.
Yes, please visit our Access Information page for details about our Access Program for guests with disabilities.
Once parked, you cannot move your RV. If you want to park with friends, please arrive at the same time.
No, there WILL NOT be gas available on site. Please fill up before you arrive on site. Not only will this save you the worry, but it will also support the local economy.
There will be no open, ground-based fires allowed on the premises
No, everyone in The Good Life must have a Good Life wristband.
You cannot purchase an RV space to park multiple cars and/or build a large tent camp. Please only purchase an RV pass for an RV.
Please arrive with the flow of GA traffic, then head for the south toll booth. Exit the highway onto Winston road and then proceed to the South Toll booth off of Water road. You will be directed to the RV Camping Entrance.