HQ invites the artistically inclined to become live artists at the festival by creating a one of a kind map of Electric Forest 2016. Selected artists will create a custom 36×48 inch map onsite at the festival, in a public area, as a piece of public art. The maps will be auctioned after the event, with all proceeds donated to the Music in Schools Program.
If you are selected, you will receive Two (2) GA Camping Wristbands to Electric Forest 2016, a $500 materials grant, and the opportunity to bring your art to The Forest in support of the Electric Forest Music in Schools Program, which supports music education in Michigan schools.Learn more about the Music In Schools Program!
Receive a reminder when applications are open:
HQ will provide:
- Two (2) GA Camping Wristbands to Electric Forest 2016 – one for you, and one for a guest.
- A $500 materials stipend.
- An announcement of your being selected as one of several live painters for Electric Forest 2016.
- A space to create your piece for the Electric Forest community at Electric Forest 2016.
Mapmaker applications will be accepted from April 6 to May 2, 2016. Selected artists will be announced in May of 2016.
- The art samples you submit with your application must be created 100% by you, and you must have permission to share your art with Electric Forest.
- You grant Electric Forest permission to upload and share the art, or art from any of your galleries you link to for digital announcement and marketing purposes.
Design & Creation:
- Your map design must be a piece designed by you, featuring images and ideas that you own the rights to, or have permission to use.
- The materials you select to create your map with must be durable – this is a lasting piece of art that will be treasured for years to come!
- The materials you use to create your map may include, but are not limited to: paint, pencil, marker, faux fur, glitter, dried flowers, 3D printed objects, photographs, et cetera.
- With your materials stipend, you must purchase and bring a quality, brand new 36×48 inch stretched canvas to create your art on.
- The map you create must be an accurate representation of the map of Electric Forest. A large printout of the map will be provided for tracing onsite.
- Your map must include a representation of the Electric Forest logo, and the festival dates.
- Your art must be finished no later than 11:59 pm on the Sunday of the festival, June 26.
- Your art must be created in such a way that it is dry and ready for transport by 8 am on the Monday following the festival, June 27.
- Your map must be created exclusively for Electric Forest. Electric Forest may elect to use your map art beyond the auction of the original piece.