Electric Forces started as an opportunity to be of service with brothers and sisters from the military behind the scenes of Electric Forest. Launched in 2013, the creation of Electric Forces was inspired by the stories of Pat and Tim, two young wounded veterans who attended Electric Forest and were deeply moved by the community they found there. As Pat explained, “My friends took me to Electric Forest in 2012 when I was still lost. It changed my life. Everyone at that festival became my family within a few days and I can honestly say I think it saved my life.” Since then, Electric Forces has strived to nurture healing and to build connectedness between U.S. military veterans and music festival communities. Electric Forces activations have included shared storytelling, group camping, site-build volunteer opportunities, and more.
New for 2018, Electric Forces has been reimagined through the Wish Machine. Forest HQ is seeking a group of veterans to come together and work with Electric Forest crews through internships – bringing veterans and production together at the highest level. The Wish Machine sparked inspiration to evolve the festival’s Electric Forces program – inviting veterans who face Post Traumatic Stress issues to integrate into the festival landscape, bringing specific military experiences to a wide variety of internships at Electric Forest. Through networking opportunities (social and occupational), job paths, roles in production and mentorship, and collaboration with fans, the Electric Forces program hopes to provide healing experiences for veterans and fans alike, creating a bridge that fosters social inclusion.
The Pillars of Electric Forces 2018
- Invite veterans who face Post Traumatic Stress issues to integrate into the festival landscape, bringing specific military experiences to a wide variety of internships at Electric Forest.
- Electric Forces will use their expertise to educate and inspire the Forest Family in dealing with anxiety, stress, and trauma.
- Provide healing experiences for veterans and fans, creating a bridge that fosters social inclusion, professional training, and networking opportunities.
HQ will provide:
- Internships with compensation
- Camping with the Electric Forces Group Camp
- Catered meals while you are working
Submissions will be accepted for review April 12 – May 16, 2018 at 11:59pm ET. Electric Forces chosen applicants will be selected and contacted in May of 2018.
- This application is open to all Veterans and Active Duty Service Members
- Applications will be reviewed by the Electric Forces Program Director
- Applications are limited in space and resources