Electricology reaches every corner of The Forest. With more chances than ever to win VIP experiences of a lifetime, here you’ll find everything you need to be the most sustainable, active, and respectful member of the Forest Family!
Bring campsite recycling & trash to your Neighborhood EcoZone and use the 3-bin Waste Stations to help keep EF green and litter-free
Collect EcoPoints for Good Green deeds including bringing your trash and recycling to Ecozones, or participating in any of the Electricology contests detailed below. Thanks for being awesome!
Win amazing prizes at Electricology Stores with your EcoPoints. Carpool to the Forest, earn the most EcoPoints, make a difference in The Forest, and you could win once in a lifetime Good Life experiences for 2019. It’s never been easier or more rewarding to keep The Forest green and litter free.
PICK UP & RAGE TO WIN GOOD LIFE EXPERIENCES!
There are more ways than ever to make an impact, earn ecopoints, and win awesome prizes this year at Electricology happenings!
RECYCLE & COMPOST AT WASTE STATIONS
Food Vendors will serve compostable cups, utensils and plates festival wide thanks in part to our friends at EcoProducts. Please remember to sort at the 3 bin waste stations. If an Electricology staffer catches you in the act, you’ll earn EcoPoints!
Drop off trash & recycling when you visit the EcoZone at your Neighborhood Pod in the GA and Good Life campgrounds. Earn EcoPoints to spend at the Electricology Stores and restock trash and recycling supplies to keep your camp clean!
THE ELECTRICOLOGY STORE
Turn in your EcoPoints to Win exclusive prizes every 15 minutes from Forest Vendors, Sponsors, and Artists! Visit locations at the Venue Entrance, Ranch Arena, & Sherwood Court. Thanks in part to our friends at GrassRoots California, Sloth Steady, ENO, and Vibedration!
Win a Electric Forest 2019 Good Life experience for you and your crew by earning the most EcoPoints throughout the weekend!
SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL REWARDS
Win Tickets to Electric Forest 2019 for traveling sustainably in vehicles with 3+, on buses, or on bikes. Green travelers also collect EcoPoints and an exclusive Forest Family 2018 bumper sticker, while supplies last!
THE PRIZE CART
A Prize Cart is like a mobile Electricology Store! Win instant prizes at random clean up games all over The Forest and as stages close down every night. Thanks in part to our friends at GrassRoots California, Sloth Steady, ENO, and Vibedration!
Win an invite to an exclusive party inside Electric Forest for the 50 Foresters at the top of the Leaderboard!
Electricology is coming to your neighborhood to make sure you have the trash & recycling bags you need! With these bags, you can leave your campsite spotless on Monday.
Work with HQ to bring your sustainable idea to fruition and live the Good Life while celebrating all the Electricology happenings throughout the weekend. Winners to be announced soon!
PRIZE CART REMIX
WISH MACHINE – CLEAN UP MEET UPS BOTH WEEKENDS
Forest Family member Zoe wishes to organize last day cleanups for both weekends of Electric Forest 2018! Join Zoe, the Forest Family, and HQ at the Ranch on Sunday Afternoon each weekend for a clean up party and some surprises.
Sign Up For Both Weekends Clean Up Meet Ups!
SUSTAINABLE PACKING GUIDELINES
With a little preparation and planning, you can greatly reduce your footprint at Electric Forest (and every other festival you may attend).
Here are a few tips for packing and organizing an awesomely green camp!
PLANNING: THINK ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE
- Look around at home, reuse or repurpose what you have before purchasing new stuff
- Make good investments in new products that can be used for many adventures
- Look for items that are made from recycled materials
- Remove excess packaging materials from new products before your arrive at the festival – this significantly impacts the festival cleanup and also creates a lot more room to pack!
PACKING: BRING THE BASICS
- Bring a reusable water bottle as well as reusable cups, plates, and cutlery for your campsite
- Bring a recycled container for cigarette butts
- Pack biodegradable soap and a washtub for dishes; water will be available at many locations
- Pack environmentally friendly bath and beauty products
- Bring extra recycling & trash bags – plan a spot in your campsite for sorted recycling and trash
WORK TOGETHER: POOL YOUR RESOURCES
- Buy in bulk when possible
- Coordinate with your fellow campers so you don’t duplicate items
- Carpool to Electric Forest with friends and family, or take an official shuttle, departing from several cities and airports!
- Pack light and Ride your Bike to Electric Forest!
- Share your excitement online and help your neighbors be sustainable too!
ELECTRICOLOGY BEHIND THE SCENES
The Electric Forest culture of reuse, conservation, and cooperation is part of the fabric of this festival, evident in reincarnated art, eco-motivated prizing, loyal community partnerships and ‘Leave No Trace’ sensibilities. We all play a part in this magic, and when we do so consciously, we can leave things better for everyone… next weekend’s campers, the local community, the cleaning crew, and the next generation. In service to the Forest Family and this precious planet, HQ is constantly improving sustainability efforts behind the scenes.
Here are a few of the many green initiatives you may not see:
- Forest Installation Artists are committed to keeping The Forest clean, repurposing design materials, and furthering a culture of sustainability. In 2017, 1,600 lbs of creative materials were donated to Whitehall High School for creative reuse by the theater department.
- Unserved food is donated to community organizations for those in need. In 2017, 7.35 tons of food, or 14,700 meals, were recovered and donated to local teens in need at Teen Challenge of Western Michigan.
- HQ’s Sustainability Partnership with Eco-Products has created a stronger composting program, ensuring food and beverages are served using only certified compostable materials everywhere Vendors are serving onsite. In 2017, 34.5 tons of food waste was diverted from landfills to enrich local soil.
- Staff and vendors are guided in sustainable purchasing and operations, to conserve resources and reduce waste. In 2017, 5 tons of organic liquid was collected and land-applied as a nutrient in local farm fields and 3.5 tons of used veggie oil was converted into biodiesel by a hyper-local partner, Earth Additives.
- Educational signage is used in the venue, the campgrounds, and in behind the scenes areas to support and improve waste diversion. In 2017, 23.6 tons of operational and campground metal was salvaged for recycling.
- Bags are freely distributed to campers and production staff to properly sort recyclables and compostables from trash. In 2017, 21 tons of cardboard was recycled.
- Sponsored incentives are awarded to encourage recycling, reduce festival litter, and support local cleanup. In 2017, 1,400 lbs of campground tarps, tents, pillows and blankets were donated to Crystal Valley Care Fund, a non-profit created to help Oceana families in need.
- HQ is always tracking the results of our collective effort to find opportunities for improvement and to recognize reasons to celebrate our Forest Family’s consciousness!