With Electric Forest making an intimate expansion to two weekends, Electricology is providing everything you need to be the most sustainable, active, and respectful member of the Forest Family – with the chance to win Tickets for Life!
Bring campsite recycling & trash to your Neighborhood EcoZone and use the 3-bin Waste Stations to help keep EF green and litter-free
Collect EcoPoints for Good Green deeds including bringing your trash and recycling to ecozones, or participating in any of the Electrocology Programs detailed below. Thanks for being awesome!
Win amazing prizes at Electricology Stores with your EcoPoints. Carpool to the Forest and you could win Tickets for Life. Earn the most EcoPoints and you will win Tickets for Life. It’s never been easier or more rewarding to keep The Forest green and litter free.
Take your campsite waste to a neighborhood balloon when you leave EF, and work to keep The Forest clean every day for fellow Forest Family!
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE & WIN TICKETS FOR LIFE
Electricology challenges and supports each member of the Forest Family to leave Electric Forest with honor and respect. We are all capable of leaving The Forest beautiful, we know how awesome our Forest Family is and how prepared the Electricology Team is. Electricology is ready to own this, make magic happen, and rise to the challenge. Are you?
There are so many ways to make an impact, earn ecopoints, and win awesome prizes this year. Check out just a few Electricology happenings, contests, and sponsored prizes…
THE ELECTRICOLOGY STORE
Turn in your EcoPoints to Win exclusive prizes every 15 minutes from Forest Vendors, Sponsors, and Artists! Visit locations at the Venue Entrance, Ranch Arena, & Sherwood Court. Thanks in part to our friends at GrassRoots California, Sloth Steady, ENO, and Vibedration!
Drop off trash & recycling when you visit the EcoZone at your Neighborhood Pod in the GA and Good Life campgrounds. Earn EcoPoints to spend at the Electricology Stores and restock trash and recycling supplies to keep your camp clean!
Win Tickets for Life by earning the most EcoPoints throughout the weekend!
SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL REWARDS
Win Tickets for Life for traveling sustainably in vehicles with 3+, on buses, or on bikes. Green travelers also collect EcoPoints and an exclusive Forest Family 2017 bumper sticker, while supplies last!
Electricology is coming to your neighborhood on Saturday to make sure you have the trash & recycling bags you need! With these bags, you can leave your campsite spotless on Monday.
THE PRIZE CART
A Prize Cart is like a mobile Electricology Store! Win instant prizes and collect EcoPoints in random clean up games all over The Forest, and when each stage closes down every night. Thanks in part to our friends at GrassRoots California, Sloth Steady, ENO, and Vibedration!
MONDAY SUNRISE SPECTACULAR
Look to the skies at sunrise when you pack up. Giant Balloons will guide you to your neighborhood trash and recycling piles so you can leave The Forest with respect for those who come after you, and the community that lives here year-round!
RECYCLE & COMPOST AT WASTE STATIONS
Food Vendors will serve compostable cups, utensils and plates festival wide so please remember to sort at the waste stations. If an Electricology staffer catches you in the act, you will win EcoPoints!
Win an invite to an exclusive party inside Electric Forest for the 50 Foresters at the top of the Leaderboard!
JOIN THE ELECTRICOLOGY TEAM
For those of you looking to get the most out of your Electricology experience, please consider signing up for the Work Exchange Team this year. We’re hiring our biggest workforce yet! Applications are open and confirmations are happening right now.
If you’re serious about doing more at Electric Forest, there is no better place to start.
SUSTAINABLE PACKING GUIDELINES
With a little preparation and planning, you can greatly reduce your footprint at Electric Forest (and every other festival you may attend).
Here are a few tips for packing and organizing an awesomely green camp!
PLANNING: THINK ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE
- Look around at home, reuse or repurpose what you have before purchasing new stuff
- Make good investments in new products that can be used for many adventures
- Look for items that are made from recycled materials
- Remove excess packaging materials from new products before your arrive at the festival – this significantly impacts the festival cleanup and also creates a lot more room to pack!
PACKING: BRING THE BASICS
- Bring a reusable water bottle as well as reusable cups, plates, and cutlery for your campsite
- Bring a recycled container for cigarette butts
- Pack biodegradable soap and a washtub for dishes; water will be available at many locations
- Pack environmentally friendly bath and beauty products
- Bring extra recycling & trash bags – plan a spot in your campsite for sorted recycling and trash
WORK TOGETHER: POOL YOUR RESOURCES
- Buy in bulk when possible
- Coordinate with your fellow campers so you don’t duplicate items
- Carpool to Electric Forest with friends and family, or take an official shuttle, departing from several cities and airports!
- Pack light and Ride your Bike to Electric Forest!
- Share your excitement online and help your neighbors be sustainable too!
ELECTRICOLOGY BEHIND THE SCENES
The Electric Forest culture of reuse, conservation, and cooperation is part of the fabric of this festival, evident in reincarnated art, eco-motivated prizing, loyal community partnerships and ‘Leave No Trace’ sensibilities. We all play a part in this magic, and when we do so consciously, we can leave things better for everyone… next weekend’s campers, the local community, the cleaning crew, and the next generation. In service to the Forest Family and this precious planet, HQ is constantly improving sustainability efforts behind the scenes.
Here are a few of the many green initiatives you may not see:
- Forest Installation Artists are committed to keeping The Forest clean, repurposing design materials, and furthering a culture of sustainability.
- Unserved food is donated to community organizations for those in need.
- HQ’s Zero Waste Partnership with Eco-Products has created a stronger composting program, ensuring food and beverages are served using only certified compostable materials everywhere Vendors are serving onsite.
- Staff and vendors are guided in sustainable purchasing and operations, to conserve resources and reduce waste.
- Educational signage is used in the venue, the campgrounds, and in behind the scenes areas to support and improve waste diversion.
- Bags are freely distributed to campers and production staff to properly sort recyclables and compostables from trash.
- Sponsored incentives are awarded to encourage recycling, reduce festival litter, and support local cleanup.
- HQ is tracking the results of our collective effort, to find opportunities for improvement and to recognize reasons to celebrate — spreading Forest Family consciousness widely!
ELECTRICOLOGY IS PRESENTED BY…
A NOTE FROM ELECTRICOLOGY TO OUR ELECTRIC FOREST FAMILY
It’s no secret HQ needs the Forest Family to participate in Electricology each year. Between double weekends and an increased commitment in sustainable planning for our fans and partners, we have 48 hours to reset the most magical weekend you’ve ever experienced.
Some folks look at this operation with scepticism, but we say Challenge Accepted. Tickets for Life anyone?
This year, we’re rising to the challenge to make sure you have everything you need to be a sustainable and active member of the Forest Family. This means more bags for Recycling and more EcoZones in both GA & Good Life Campgrounds. We’re also increasing our service crew and members of the Electricology team circulating site wide to keep it clean and reach our sustainability goals.
Electric Forest offers composting everywhere food vendors are serving. We have new & improved sorting signs posted everywhere. All food related items are compostable like utensils, plates, food scraps including meat. Our beverage cups, lids and straws are also compostable. Just the water bottles and aluminum cans sold at beverage stands are recyclable. Waste stations will be everywhere. It’s never been easier to do the right thing and earn EcoPoints.
And as always, for your hard earned EcoPoints, we have insanely cool prizes to win. Electricology Stores and Prize Carts in both the venue and campgrounds will be ready to set cleanup records with EF Sponsored Gear, Vintage Festival Merch, Vendor Coupons, Secret happenings, and more EF Tickets for Life.
Now when it’s all said and done and Monday morning dawns, we need you to do one last thing before you go. Stand there after it’s all packed up. Think of the most incredible moment you experienced over the weekend. Breath in deep. Slowly open your eyes. Take a look around. And clean up your campsite. Please, bring it to the piles. We’ll have massive piles strategically set up in the campgrounds this year fam. Do us all a favor and walk your trash and recycling 30 yards or less to the piles. Let’s show the world what magic looks like.
It looks like a family caring for each other and taking a moment to do what’s right. It’s about leaving this place with honor and respect. Don’t you think that’s something we’re all capable of? We do. Which is why Electricology is not concerned about the 48 hour turnover. We know how awesome our Forest Family is. We know how prepared we are. We are ready to own this, to make magic happen, and rise to this challenge. Are you?
See you in The Forest!
The Electricology Team