The Performer Plug In
Show your movement-based talent and Plug In as an official festival performer. Once again, during each weekend of Electric Forest 2018, pop-up performances and merriment will flutter throughout The Forest and be featured through one grand talent showcase.
Those who may consider this program include…
- Skilled Dance Performers
- Contortionists and acrobats
- Skilled Flow Arts Performers (Hula Hoop, Poi, Staff, etcetera)
- Magicians and mimes
- Any movement-based act that requires little production and is fit for both the stage and pop up performances on the festival grounds
2018 Theme – Let the Adventure Choose You
The theme of “Let the Adventure Choose You,” allows you to visualize through costume and performance… “it’s the journey AND the destination”.
Whether you are a dancer, a mime duo, comedian, flow artist, a hula hooper, or something The Forest has never seen, bring your best performance and join the talent at Electric Forest 2018.
- One (1) Wristband to a weekend of the festival per participant: this wristband allows you access to the same areas as all official festival performers during the weekend you were selected to participate
- Artist camping: performers will camp together, inspire together, and enjoy together (must provide your own camping gear!)
- Food Vouchers: You will receive vendor meal vouchers for 2 meals per day Thurs-Sun of your weekend. You must provide your own third meal.
- Troupe Leaders will offer creative exchange and support pre-event and on-site
Video auditions will be accepted from February 26 through March 21, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET. The Performers will be selected and announced in April, 2018.
Judged by: The Performer Coordinator
Judgement method: By reviewing videos and comparing the best auditions
40% Stage Presence
20% Costume & Theme
- Your audition video must meet all of the following requirements – videos that do not follow guidelines will not be considered!
- Introduce yourself, your medium, and your concept to the camera. Show lots of big personality and large moves – appropriate for winning minds and hearts in The Forest!
- Video must be 3 minutes or less
- Performance must reflect the theme in your costume choice, music choice, and character
- Video does not have to be taken in one shot, although it must offer a good sense of your stage-ready act. Show a developed concept and amazing movement skills more than your video editing skills
- Submissions must be in video format only
- Partner acts are welcome
- You may use props, music, post-production effects, and other people in the video
- You must physically be the person featured in your audition video. We need to see you!
- You must agree to take this role seriously and consider yourself a high profile part of the event
- Please upload your videos to youtube ONLY
- This is not an appropriate program for musical acts
How to Enter
- Read the rules above
- Choose the aspect of the theme that inspires you
- Create and practice your choreography
- Get funky or formal on the appropriate costume front
- Film your video & upload it to youtube with the title “Electric Forest 2018 Performer Audition”
- Share your video with the hashtag #EF2018Performer, and tagging Electric Forest!
- Submit your video to the application form!
Subscribe for updates on this program:
The 2018 Performer Coordinator
Noah Moore has spent his life amassing seemingly useless skills to entertain any audience. From streets, stages, festivals, circus tents, casinos, and even Cirque Du Soleil special events, Noah strives to unite audiences across the globe in a shared magic moment. Wittiness, object manipulation, acrobatics, balance and muscles are this troubadour’s weapons of choice. Years of organizing performance tours and coaching youth circus programs showed Noah the exponential increase in quality that accompanies a cohesive troupe, beyond a solo performance. At this year’s Electric Forest, Noah will guide a full spectrum of talent as it coalesces into a symbiotic performance organism that prowls the woods, enveloping all in stunningly sexy silliness.