The Performer Plug In
First and Second Weekend
A page is turning as Electric Forest’s award-winning Hoop Troupe opens wide and is transformed into an opportunity for all movement performers.
Plug In as an official festival performer. Be showcased roving, or even on stage! Duos are encouraged, and choreography is a must.
Those who may consider this program their invitation include…
- Skilled Dance Performers
- Contortionists and acrobats
- Skilled Flow Arts Performers (Hula Hoop, Poi, Staff, etcetera)
- Magicians and mimes
- Any movement-based act that requires little production and is fit for both the stage and pop up performances on the festival grounds
Subscribe for updates on this program:
The troupe needs vibrant, expressive characters with different shades of skills to bring intangible colors to life! Select the color that most embodies the energy you want to bring to Electric Forest this year, and shape a performance piece around the power of your color.
Please note: performers may be asked to provide 1-2 simple color costumes in addition to their chosen color!
- One (1) Wristband to a weekend of the festival per participant: this wristband allows you access to the same areas as all official festival performers during the weekend you were selected to participate
- Artist camping: performers will camp together, inspire together, and enjoy together (must provide your own camping gear!)
- Food Vouchers: You will receive vendor meal vouchers for 2 meals per day Thurs-Sun of your weekend. You must provide your own third meal.
- Troupe Leaders will offer creative exchange and support pre-event and on-site
Video auditions will be accepted from February 7 through March 19, 2017 at 11:59 pm ET. The Performers will be selected and announced in March and April 2017.
Judged by: The Performer Coordinator
Judgement method: By reviewing videos and comparing the best auditions
40% Stage Presence
20% Costume & Theme
The 2017 Performer Coordinator
Noah Moore has spent his life amassing seemingly useless skills to entertain any audience. From streets, stages, festivals, circus tents, casinos, and even Cirque Du Soleil special events, Noah strives to unite audiences across the globe in a shared magic moment. Wittiness, object manipulation, acrobatics, balance and muscles are this troubadour’s weapons of choice. Years of organizing performance tours and coaching youth circus programs showed Noah the exponential increase in quality that accompanies a cohesive troupe, beyond a solo performance. At this year’s Electric Forest, Noah will guide a full spectrum of talent as it coalesces into a symbiotic performance organism that prowls the woods, enveloping all in stunningly sexy silliness.
1. Your audition video must meet all of the following requirements – videos that do not follow guidelines will not be considered!
- Introduce yourself, your medium, and your concept to the camera. Show lots of big personality and large moves – appropriate for winning minds and hearts in The Forest!
- Video must be 3 minutes or less
- Performance must reflect the theme in your costume choice, music choice, and character
- Video does not have to be taken in one shot, although it must offer a good sense of your stage-ready act. Show a developed concept and amazing movement skills more than your video editing skills
2. Submissions must be in video format only
3. Partner acts are welcome
4. You may use props, music, post-production effects, and other people in the video
5. You must physically be the person featured in your audition video. We need to see you!
6. You must agree to take this role seriously and consider yourself a high profile part of the event
7. Please upload your videos to youtube ONLY
8. This is not an appropriate program for musical acts
How to Enter
1. Read the rules above
2. Choose the aspect of the theme that inspires you
3. Create and practice your choreography
4. Get funky or formal on the appropriate costume front
5. Film your video & upload it to youtube with the title “Electric Forest 2017 Performer Audition”
6. Share your video with the hashtag #EF2017Performer, and tagging Electric Forest!
7. Submit your video – please note 2017 submissions are closed.