At Electric Forest, new music is discovered. Out of the noise, the Forest Family comes to love new artists by exploring not only the headliners, but the fine print of a lineup that has been carefully curated by HQ.
Electric Forest, in collaboration with This Song Is Sick welcomes all to help uncover, discover, and support all the talented music makers who are headed to Rothbury this summer! Music lovers are invited to share their favorite tracks, new and old, in a themed playlist inspired by The Forest.
Each month, one submission will be selected to become an official festival playlist, and its creator will receive one (1) GA Camping Wristband to Electric Forest!
May Playlist Contest – “Under The Radar”
For the final Plug In Playlist Contest, The Forest and This Song Is Sick challenge the Forest Family to take on the “Under The Radar” theme to highlight some of the lineup’s hidden gems and rising talents. There are some incredibly talented artists that may be flying under the radar – do some digging and put together a playlist of artists that shouldn’t be slept on this year at the festival.
Take the chance to highlight some of your favorite rising artists on the lineup while finding new ones before heading to The Forest.
MARCH PLAYLIST WINNER – ERIK
“Find Your Medicine” and listen to this soul-soothing playlist to inspire the discovery of something you never knew existed. Congratulations Erik, see you in The Forest!
APRIL “LATE NIGHT EDITION” PLAYLIST WINNER – COLIN
Discover “Electric NiGhTs” and let your soul gravitate to the love again. Relax at your campsite after a long day in The Forest, or vibe while hanging out til sunrise!
Each month, HQ will provide:
- One (1) GA Camping Wristband to your preferred weekend of Electric Forest
- Selected playlist posted as an official playlist
Submissions will be accepted May 2 – May 30, 2018. The final winner will be selected and announced on June 2, 2018.
Judged by: The Plug In & This Song Is Sick Teams
Judgement method: By listening to & ranking playlists
20% Cohesive transition between songs
10% Name & Description
- Your playlist may only include original tracks and remixes from artists listed on the EF2018 Lineups.
- Your playlist must be created specifically for Electric Forest.
- Electric Forest may elect to use the final playlist beyond the platform you submitted in.
- Your playlist must be your own original playlist, not someone else’s!
- Do not submit your playlist more than once – it will qualify every month for the prize!
- You are welcome to submit more than one playlist
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Share your playlist with the hashtag #EF2018Playlist on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Soundcloud, Youtube, Spotify, or wherever your wild internets roam, and tag Electric Forest so we can see it!
Step 2: Send your playlist to HQ through the application form!