Prize Cart Remix Contest
New for 2018, in collaboration with Electricology, the opportunity to remix one of the Forest Family’s favorite tunes: “PRIIIZE CART”. HQ invites creative musically-inclined minds to add a special twist to the official theme of the Prize Cart.
Last year, long time Forest Family and up-and-coming producer XLP took matters into his own hands by remixing the original Prize Cart theme song, written by String Cheese Incident’s Kyle Hollingsworth.
Sparked by his creativity, HQ introduces this as an official contest, and has invited XLP to help judge the contest AND play his own set at EF2018.
HQ will provide:
- Two (2) GA Camping wristbands to to an Electric Forest weekend of your choice
- Your remix showcased as the official Prize Cart Remix Contest winner
- An announcement of your remix being selected!
Submissions will be accepted for review March 13 – April 15, 2018 at 11:59pm ET. The remix winner will be announce in April, 2018.
Judged by: Plug In Team, Electricology, Kyle Hollingsworth & XLP
Judgement method: By selecting and comparing best remixes
30% Forest Vibes
- All remixes must be specifically made for this assignment
- The primary format of your gallery must be an mp3 uploaded to Soundcloud
- Electric Forest may elect to use the final selected remix beyond sharing it with the Forest Family.
- You must have the permission or rights to any music you use for this program.
- Your gallery must feature images and ideas that you own all the rights to, or have permission to use.
- Electric Forest is not obligated to credit the Prize Cart Remix Contest Winner after the initial post of their remix.
- HQ reserves the right to share your work on EF digital media, we may also publicly list, link, or embed your remix for the EF community to view.
- Bonus points to a remix that has a discrete sound effect or brief element that makes folks laugh.
How to Apply
- Click here and download the original Prize Cart MP3 to start.
- Remix the song with your personal flare, then upload it publicly to Soundcloud.
- Share your Prize Cart Remix with the hashtag #EF2018PrizeCartRemix on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or wherever your wild internets roam, and tag Electric Forest so we can see it!
- Send your remix to HQ via the application form.