The Brainery Workshop Program
The Forest Family overflows with knowledge.
Each year, we organically come together and learn from each other. In 2018, the Plug In Program continues to nurture the opportunity to unite through intentional learning at The Brainery.
The Brainery is seeking passionate minds with teachable skills to apply as instructors for this space during both weekends of Electric Forest. Programs that engage fellow Forest Family in active thought or action are especially welcome.
Examples of ideal presentations and activities are…
- Non-asana yogas (bandha and pranayama)
- Chanting or singing workshops
- Special programming for groups of Men
- Special programming for groups of Women
- Active lectures that involve audience participation
- Dance instruction (African, Line Dancing, Lindy, etc.)
- Music instruction
- Simple art classes (beading, origami, etc.,) for which the instructor must supply the materials
Activities that will not be accepted include…
- Asana-based yoga (if you need a mat, this isn’t where it’s at)
- Hooping, Poi, or other Flow Arts instruction
- Powerpoint-based lectures
- Political or legislative advocacy
- Food- or Drink- based classes
- Workshop instructors will be awarded one (1) GA Camping Wristband for themselves and one (1) GA Camping Wristband for a guest, for the weekend(s) of the Workshop. Up to ten (10) total instructors will be selected per weekend.
- Food Vouchers: You will receive two (2) vendor meal vouchers per day that you teach a workshop.
- Workshop Opportunity: You will receive at least one (1) opportunity to offer your workshop during a weekend, or both weekends, of Electric Forest 2018.
Submissions will be accepted for review February 15 – March 15, 2018 at 11:59pm ET. Workshops and Instructors will be selected and announced in April, 2018.
Judged by: The Electric Forest Community Development Team
Judgement method: By reviewing & ranking proposals
30% Appropriateness for event
20% Ease of execution
20% Quality of Workshop Description
10% Experience of instructor
- The submission process is private. HQ will share only the concept of the final workshops once they have been selected and confirmed.
- Limit one workshop per form submission. If you would like to propose more than one workshop, please submit the form multiple times.
- The program will require you to be present, prepared, and accountable for meetings and a scheduled workshop. Please only apply if this onsite commitment is not a problem for you. You must provide your own transport to and from the event.
- Your workshop may not feature fire, pyrotechnics, food or beverages, drug references, or any dangerous aspects.
- Failure to complete paperwork and check in on site may result in the forfeiture of your award.