The Coloring Zine
First and Second Weekend
Never before has there been a printed booklet that showcases the art of the Forest Family. Coloring book pages, comics, poems, and other printable arts are all invited to be a part of the first Electric Forest Coloring Zine. The Zine will be offered as official festival merchandise, with profits donated to the Music In Schools Program.
All designs submitted for the zine pages must be original, Electric Forest themed art. HQ is especially looking for artful and intricate black and white coloring book pages. If your design is selected, it will be placed in the zine with printed credit to you, and you will receive a copy of the zine.
Create something lovely, funny, or intriguing to be contemplatively colored or considered with memories of Electric Forest in mind!
Receive updates on this program:
HQ will provide:
- Placement for your art in the 2017 Coloring Zine
- A printed credit to you placed with your art
- A copy of the zine once it’s complete
Submissions will be accepted for review February 9 – April 30, 2017 at 11:59 pm ET. The final art will be selected in May of 2017.
Judged by: The Plug In Team
Judgment method: By selecting and comparing the highest quality art, with a preference given to coloring book pages
10% Fits with event aesthetic
10% Compatibility with Coloring Zine Format
- Your design must be a piece created specifically for Electric Forest. Electric Forest may elect to use the final selected design beyond the printing of the zine.
- Your design must be a piece designed by you, featuring images and ideas that you own all the rights to, or have permission to use. (You have permission to create representations of Electric Forest art and stages for this contest.)
- All coloring and comic submissions should be exactly 5.5 x 8.5 inches. This is the size of a horizontal piece of regular printer paper, cut in half vertically.
- Physical drawings must be scanned at a minimum resolution of 300dpi and sent as a PDF.
- Digital designs should be submitted in either PDF or AI format at a minimum resolution of 1650 x 2550 pixels.
- All text/crucial design elements should be no closer than 0.25 inches from the edge of the page.
- All digital art submissions should be sent at the highest possible resolution. All submissions should be either PSD, AI, PDF, JPEG or TIFF format.
- Literature submissions should be .docx or .doc format.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Imagine what you would love to discover, and be invited to interact with, in a zine about Electric Forest. Consider how your image will look sized to a half sheet of regular paper, and make sure that any images and text will be clear and easy to see. Make sure that you create and capture your design using the specifications in the above rules!
Step 2: Share your design with the hashtag #EF2017Zine on your social media channels, and tag Electric Forest so HQ can see it!
Step 3: Send your design to HQ via the form below!