First Weekend Only
Capture The Forest on one of the best teams at the festival! The UnMEDIAted Photographer Program is an open audition to join the 2017 Electric Forest Photo Crew and work on your own special assignment.
All interested photographers are invited to submit a unique photo project that is custom-shot to capture the spirit of The Forest outside of Rothbury, and to propose what they would capture at Electric Forest 2017. HQ’s favorite photo projects will be shared with the Forest Family, with one photographer selected capture their vision on the photo team!
PLEASE NOTE ALL PHOTOS SUBMITTED MUST BE ORIGINAL CONTENT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS PROJECT.
Receive updates on this program:
HQ will provide:
- Two (2) GA Camping Wristbands for the First Weekend of Electric Forest (one for you and one for a guest)
- One (1) Photo Pass (to be used alongside your GA Wristband)
- $500 travel stipend
- Your audition gallery shared with the Forest Family
- Your photos from The Forest shared throughout the year on Electric Forest digital platforms!
Submissions will be accepted for review February 1 – May 1, 2017. The photographer will be selected and announced in May of 2017.
Judged by: The Media Team
Judgement method: By selecting and comparing best galleries
50% Photographer aesthetic
30% Image quality
20% Photographer’s proposed focus at event
- All images must be specifically shot for this assignment – no selections from your back catalog are allowed.
- Gallery must consist of at least 10 and no more than 20 images.
- Images should represent the artistic contribution you desire to make on the EF Photo Team (i.e. if you will photoshop your images, photoshop them, if you want to make .gifs, make .gifs). Try to give us the best representation of your skill and aesthetic.
- Watermarks are acceptable on your gallery submission, provided they cover no more than 5% of the frame.
- This is not an application for videographers. No video submissions will be considered.
- While digital manipulation is allowed, the primary format of your gallery must be photography. Gifs are OK.
- Electric Forest may elect to use the final selected gallery beyond sharing it with the Forest Family.
- You must have the permission of any models you use to use their images for this program.
- Your gallery must feature images and ideas that you own all the rights to, or have permission to use.
- You must be able to provide and maintain your own photo gear on site at Electric Forest. No lock up will be provided.
- Finalist will agree to provide a gallery of 30+ unwatermarked, high resolution images no later than July 13th, 2017, and will grant the full rights of their work to Electric Forest.
- Electric Forest is not obligated to credit the UnMEDIAted Photographer after the initial post of their full gallery.
- HQ reserves the right to share your work on EF digital media, we may also publicly list, link, or embed your gallery for the EF community to view.
How to Apply
Step 1: Go out into the world around you and create a gallery of 10-20 images that reflect your artistic ability and the type of scenes you hope to capture at this year’s event. You don’t have to visit a forest, you don’t have to shoot a concert – show us how Electric Forest inspires you, in whatever context you like.
Step 2: Upload your gallery. Your gallery must be hosted on Photobucket. Galleries hosted on alternative sites will not be considered.
Step 3: Share your favorite gallery images with the hashtag #EF2017Photographer on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or wherever your wild internets roam, and tag Electric Forest so we can see it!
Step 4: Send your gallery to HQ via the form below.